How do I setup the Zimi Garage Door Controller?
Before mounting the sensor, make sure that the garage door is open.
The type of electric door you have will determine where you need to place the sensor.
- Roller door: attach it to one of the spokes on the opposite side to the motor.
- Panel door: use the supplied panel door adapter by sticking the sensor to it, and attach this to the door shaft on either side.
- Tilt door: attach it to the bottom of your door.
Unplug your garage door motor for safety.
Locate the push button terminals. Attach the wiring from the controller for M1 (your first garage door motor) to the Bell/Push button terminals.
If you have a second garage door with another motor, you can link this to M2. You’ll need an extra sensor, but you can use the same smart controller.
- Use the pre-attached adhesive to stick the smart controller to your wall or ceiling.
- Plug in your controller and garage door motor.
- When the light turns blue, it is ready to pair.
Open the Zimi app, create a smart home network if you don’t already have one and name it whatever you like. Zimi will search for your garage door controller.
For more information click here
Article is closed for comments.